Within two days, three people have tagged me with the same meme. Guess that means I have to play. Here goes ...
I was tagged by Susan DiPlacido, Dennis Mahagin and Tracer. The rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Here are my eight things:
1. Years ago, I had hypnosis to overcome my fear of needles. When I told a friend I thought the hypnotist was weird she said, "How so?" "Well," I began, intending to enumerate, "he has a handlebar mustache--" "Nuff said," she interrupted. In any case, it worked. Though I'm still squeamish, I can get a shot or have blood drawn without fainting. Most times, anyway.
2. I once had dinner at the home of Terry Jones of Monty Python fame. I was actually an invited guest. This is a long story that begins with my friends and I sneaking into the Broadway rehearsal of Monty Python Live at City Center when we were teenagers, and ends with me doing a semester abroad in London.
3. I believe that chocolate-covered Halvah is tangible proof that God loves me.
4. I used to write Pan Am's frequent flyer newsletter, WorldPass. They were my client at the time that Flight 103 was blown up over Lockerbie. My friends at Pan Am--some of the smartest and most dedicated people I've ever worked with--were more devastated than you can imagine.
5. Sometimes I put things on my To Do list after I've already done them, just so I can cross them off.
6. I can never remember where I parked my car, but I can recite the whole opening to Superman (faster than a speeding bullet ... more powerful than a locomotive ... ), all the words to Meredith Wilson's "Trouble" (right here in River City), numerous Dorothy Parker poems, Miniver Cheevy, and a bunch of other stuff that does me absolutely no good.
7. I can draw a passable Mickey Mouse.
8. There's a word in my first novel that I made up. So far, no one has caught it, though I'd like to offer my apologies to the woman who had to translate the text into German.
Dr. Joy Browne