Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Update

Is it really Friday again so soon? Holy Commander-in-Chief. What a fast week! Here are the highlights ...

• Thanks to my daughter, I now know how to make bullets with my keyboard, so I don't have to use asterisks anymore.  (In case you don't know, hit your NUM LOCK key and then hold ALT and hit 7 )

• Speaking of my daughter, she scored an audition with JEOPARDY! KIDS because she did so well with the online test. It's next month at a secret location. I'll let you know how it goes. She's pretty stoked.

• Big news in my writing life is that I finished the first draft of my work-in-progress. It's a huge step, but there's still a long way to go. Since I'm ahead of schedule, I have the luxury of putting it aside for a few weeks before I go back in and edit. I think it helps a lot to have this distance, so I'm glad I can swing it.

Two points of anxiety here. One is that I still don't have an approved title. This makes me a little crazy. The other issue is the epilogue, which I thought I needed, but now I'm not so sure.

• I'm reading Wally Lamb's THE HOUR I FIRST BELIEVED. Wonderful ... but I have to admit that if the book is not smack in front of me I can't remember the title. Is that just me?

• My favorite moment of the week? Seeing Dubya board that helicopter. Buh-bye!

No comments: