Another anxious week of waiting for news on my career and my husband's. I'm holding on with the thought that one day I'll look back on the period we're in now and wonder how the hell we lived through it.
Meanwhile, stray thoughts and updates ...
• Lots of fun Saturday night with Delores and Claude, their lovely pal Laura, and all the kidlets.
• Sunday we had family over, and Adam (my sister-in-law Donna's boyfriend), brought the most delish appetizers ... including clams casino. I was in heaven! The weekend before, sister-in-law Barbara and hubby Neil brought over a pot of chili and all the fixin's (beer included!). Do I know how to pick my in-laws or what?
• Hugs to all who asked about my boy. He's feeling better and gaining weight.
• Somehow I missed posting a link to this incredible interview between Jordan Rosenfeld and Susan Henderson. If you're a writer, you'll want to read Susan's thoughts on revision. She is always an inspiration.
• With all due respect, I think the 6th grade teachers in my daughter's school are completely heartless in the amount of homework they assign these kids. Don't they realize the children have other classes? After school activities? My poor kid was weeping in exhaustion last night.
• I started doing a bit of freelance writing for a new community site called Patch.com. Turned in my first article this week. I'll post a link when it goes live.
• Great lunch last Friday with Long Island literati pals Carol Hoenig, Debbi Honorof, Brenda Janowitz and Saralee Rosenberg. Special guest appearance by baby Ben. Fun!
• Next week I'm going to start a new weekly video feature on this blog called "Ask the Author." So if you have any questions--either about the creative or business end of writing and publishing--post it below or send it in an email.
• My cousin Lisa Kudrow produced a terrific new series called WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE that airs on NBC starting March 5. She's even featured in one of the shows. Here's a preview:
• Have a great weekend!