Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Update 6/24/11

This was one of those weeks where I wish I got paid by the mile, as I spent most of time driving the kids here and there. Good news is that the school year is officially done--no more finals, regents or classes. And next week I'll be in a frenzy working out the logistics of the summer schedule.

Meanwhile, a couple of tidbits ...

• I was very excited to see that the Image of the Day in today's Shelf Awareness, the big publishing industry newsletter, has some very familiar faces. Do check it out!

• Big thanks to Mari Farthing for posting such a stellar review of THE OTHER LIFE at The Book End Babes. Here's my favorite line: "I’ve read fiction that has entertained me and made me laugh, but nothing that has compelled me to keep reading as much as this book has." Read the rest here.

• My cup runneth over this week, because I also got a rave review from Michele Stefanides at ViewsHound. Thanks, Michele!

• If you're not following my Dorothy Parker page on Facebook, I hope you'll do so today. Just click here and then click "like." I think you'll enjoy the daily quotes from America's greatest wit.

• Shout-out to my darling daughter for cutting her hair yesterday and donating her locks to charity!

Have a great weekend ...

No comments: