Thursday, May 24, 2007

COUPON GIRL

By Becky Motew


Do you love Becky's cover? I do. And if that wasn't enough to snag me, the opening chapter would do the trick. I haven't even read it yet and I'm in love with this book.

So I'm happy that Becky Motew, one of the newer members of the Girlfriends Cyber Circuit, agreed to participate in my GCC does Hollywood blog. Here's how she'd pitch the book to our fictional producer:

Jeanie Callahan auditions for a community theatre production of The Sound of Music, but doesn't care what part she gets. That's because she is trying to find business owners to buy advertising from her so she can win her company's sales contest. She doesn't count on falling in love with a scoundrel director.

I wonder if our fictional producer could find a fictional director who could capture Becky's unique and hilarious voice. Anyway, here's how she'd cast it:


Whew. I'm terrible at this. My first choice for Jeanie would be Joan Cusack or Cameron Diaz or Sandra Bullock. They all have that empathetic quality and I believe could really portray a hangover.


Honestly, I don't see many movies so it's hard for me to select a cast. But Johnny Depp as the scoundrel director would be a good choice--as long as I got to visit the set every day and consult and eat lunch and make a pest of myself.


COUPON GIRL is in stores now. It's also available from online booksellers, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble and BooksAMillion. For more information, visit Becky's website at beckymotew.com.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Just wanted to drop a line to say I enjoyed your book and hope it too becomes a movie someday. And, as an unmarried guy w/o kids, that it just might have a broader appeal than some might expect.