Thursday, May 31, 2007

THE SECRET SISTERS

By Joni Rodgers


Woo-hoo! A sister story! I love sister stories, whether the characters are sisters in the real or metaphorical sense. And this dark, touching, intense look at the lives of three women whose lives interconnect is the kind of novel I eat with a spoon. I can only imagine how much I'd love a movie made from this book.

So ... I'm thrilled to offer a GCC Does Hollywood blog on Joni Rodgers's brilliant THE SECRET SISTERS, which is now available in paperback. Here's how Joni would pitch the story to our fictional producer:

Three women in three kinds of prison: Pia suffers from a panic disorder, Beth’s anger and grief trap her in the past, and Lily is in a state penitentiary as the result of a fatal drunk driving accident. THE SECRET SISTERS is the braided story of how they break free.

Sounds excellent, doesn't it? Here's Joni's dream cast:



I think Ashley Judd could perfectly capture the painfully fragile Pia, who surprises herself when she discovers an inner core of strength and sensuality.



The brash, tough-talking Lily needs someone with both courage and comic timing. Sandra Bullock, maybe? Toni Collette would bring humor and humanity to totally uptight Beth.


As I was writing dialogue for the sly and sexy con artist Dalphine, I was hearing the honeylicious voice of Shohreh Aghdashloo.



I hope this book sounds as intriguing to you as it does to me. The new paperback release of THE SECRET SISTERS is in stores now. It's also available from online retailers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Powells. For more information, visit Joni's website at jonirodgers.com, or use this widget to read an excerpt:

No comments: