Friday, December 05, 2008

Friday Update

Pretty quiet week here. I'm not even going to post a bullet list of my activities, as all I did was read, write, edit, parent, waste time on Facebook and watch, in horror, as the publishing world collapsed. And ugh ... my AstrologyZone horoscope for December sucks. I know I shouldn't let that get to me but it does.

It was a swell week for fan mail, though, and that felt good. Also, some Iranian guy on Goodreads thinks I'm nice and cute and wants to make friendship with me. I'm considering a cyber affair, though I wonder if he'll email me in the morning.

I'm up to page 231 on the work-in-progress, but hit a bit of a brick wall in the story. May take me a few days to get back on track.

Tacky reminder of the day: If you want to give someone an autographed copy of THE SMART ONE for the holidays, drop me a line and I'll mail you a signed, personalized bookplate, gratis. It's self-adhesive (tacky, get it?) and goes right into the front of the book. You'll need to tell me who to make it out to and where it send it.

While I'm promoting, here's a cheesy video of me reading from my first book, SECRET CONFESSIONS OF THE APPLEWOOD PTA:



Motto of the day:
"Give love. Give time. Give joy. Give books."

Have a great weekend ...

No comments: