Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mel Gibson is NOT coming to Applewood

If you're one of my readers, you already know that my first book, SECRET CONFESSIONS OF THE APPLEWOOD PTA, is about three women who conspire to get a George Clooney movie filmed in their children's schoolyard. You might even know that the book was originally titled GEORGE CLOONEY IS COMING TO APPLEWOOD. But you probably don't know that back in 2000, when I first conceptualized the story, George Clooney wasn't the only star I considered using as the object of desire. Indeed, back then he was not the mega-watt Hollywood god he is today, and I considered a number of other equally famous leading men, including Bruce Willis, Alec Baldwin, Kevin Costner, Tom Cruise and yes, Mel Gibson.

Can you imagine? In light of recent news (listen to the clip, if you haven't already), the only appropriate book title I can come up with for his name is MEL GIBSON IS A BIG, FAT, ABUSIVE, SOCIOPATHIC, RACIST, PIG IDIOT WHO DESERVES TO ROT IN A FETID CELL.

Okay, I'll shut up now.

3 comments:

Megan Kelley Hall said...

You took the words right out of my mouth. :)

Kemari said...

This has to be the best blog I have ever read. Hahaha. I adore you for having the guts to say this on your blog!

Ellen said...

Isn't it chilling how he can play the victim and be so evil at the same time?

Great take on this whole thing from EW film critic Owen Gleiberman:
http://movie-critics.ew.com/2010/07/13/mel-gibson-and-the-tale-of-the-tape/