Happy Friday the 13th! Here's the latest ...
• The young 'uns finish camp today, which means my summer is, effectively, over, and I never got a moment to relax (except for one memorable weekend in Nantucket). I expect to collapse sometime in January, so stayed tuned for that, at very least.
• Last weekend I met with photographer Hy Goldberg of Visions Photography to get a new author photo done. We did an outdoor shoot and a couple of days later he gave me a disk with about 90 images. I picked six faves and showed them around before settling on two. (My editor wants one for the book jacket and one for miscellaneous publicity purposes.) I'm so happy with them! Here they are:
• In case you didn't notice, I just made myself a new blog banner using one of the above.
• Special shout-out to Brenda Janowitz for recommending the very talented photographer, Hy Goldberg.
• Another special shout-out to Taryn Rosenberg, who is also a mega-talented local photographer!
• The kids' desktop computer got crippled by a virus this week and I had to hire a techie to come in and fix it. Do you know that Norton Antivirus is just awful at protecting your computer? Seriously, you're better off with one of the free anitvirus programs you can download online.
• Can we all say a collective prayer that the sociopaths who write these viruses and send them around contract painful diseases and spend the rest of their lives in hellish agony?
• Had a wonderful barbecue here last weekend with three of my favorite families, including the Hendersons. I thoroughly enjoyed the adults, and got a huge kick out of the kids. The boys and girls actually played together. Time marches on ...
• Speaking of the Hendersons, Sue's husband made a gorgeous video trailer for her forthcoming debut novel, UP FROM THE BLUE ...
The book is every bit as extraordinary as it seems. Click here to order.
• Still sitting on my big announcement. I'm about ready to burst.
Have a great weekend!