Friday, August 06, 2010

Friday Updpate 8/6

Welcome to the better-late-than-never Friday update. Had a jammed morning of phone calls followed by an afternoon at the day camp my younger kids attend. Darling daughter was in a production of L'il Abner and it was terrific. Of course, she knocked it out of the park.

Couple of things to catch up on ...

 I never reported back after last week's Summer Gazebo Reading Series, which was absolutely perfect. Tony Iovino does an amazing job of assembling local writers and putting together the programs. Plus, he really went out of the way for us last Monday by ordering magnificent weather. (Thanks, Tony!) I read an excerpt from my forthcoming novel, THE OTHER LIFE, which made it very special for me, as it was my first public reading of that book. 


I was humbled by the lineup as the other writers--Reed Farrel Coleman, Saralee Rosenberg,  and Brenda Janowitz--were spectacular. Click here to see pics.


• Went to a bbq at my sister-in-law's last weekend, and have to give a shout-out to her significant other, Adam, a trained chef who can cook like nobody's business. His food is always worth the calories. Indeed, I'm never on a diet when he's cooking. And of course, I'd have a great time with those guys even if there was no food involved.


• Another shout-out to Debbi Honorof for taking me, Saralee Rosenberg, Carol Hoenig and Vivian Swift out to a spectacular dinner at the Crescent Club to thank us for contributing to her Long Island Woman column. Only thing missing was Brenda Janowitz, who was home sick. (Hope you're feeling better!!)


• Still trying to carve out time to actually write. This summer has been nuts. I think my hectic phase is about to pass, but alas, so too is summer. Woe is me. That deadline is going to sneak up on me.


• Not sure when I'll be able to make my big announcement, but stay tuned!


Enjoy your weekend ...





No comments: