Monday, March 06, 2006

George Clooney in a tuxedo and other reasons I'm in a good mood today



Early this morning, basking in the afterglow of my George Clooney fantasies (I mean, did you see the way he looked?), I clicked on Amazon to check my book's ranking (I know, I know. I am not supposed to do this. I am weak.) I was surprised and happy to see it had jumped from one-million-something to fifty-nine-thousand-something. Wow! It probably means two books were ordered, but still. I've decided to be happy about it.

I noticed, however, that they dropped the price of the book, which, I imagine, accounts for the sales. I could only think of one possible reason they would do this: competition. Some quick clicking proved me right--the book is now available for pre-order from Barnes & Noble as well.



So if you've been dying to order the thing (and I know it's been keeping you up at night) but have been sitting on your hands waiting for it to be available from Barnes & Noble, click here. Or, if you're a bargain hunter and have been waiting for the price to come down, click here.

Or, if you're George Clooney, and you found your way to this blog because you did a search to see what people are saying about you today, click here.

5 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

Cool about your numbers! All I can say is that I can't wait until August 1 and I have your book in my hands. :)

RobinSlick said...

Your book is so beautiful and striking...I love looking at the cover.

And what's inside is even better.

Like George?

Ha ha - I'm one of the few women who don't swoon over his looks but love his humor and intellect so that makes him "handsome" to me. But you know me, I go for shaggy haired unshaven rock star types.

That is cool about your numbers!

ETA: Arghhh...just once I'd like to get that word verification right the first time. Am I blind or dyslexic...what? Ha ha - this is now the third time and I notice they gave in and cut me down to five easy, well spaced letters. Obviously Word Verification now knows they are dealing with a senile, nearsighted twit.

Stephanie said...

I, like Robin, do not have a strong swoon sensation when it comes to Mr. Clooney (also I believe everyone in Hollywood is gay), but I do think he's exceptionally suave and envy your afterglow and bumped way up numbers.

Susan Henderson said...

How can they drop the price when it's not even printed yet??? Good luck on your meeting today!

william said...

Well, I'm a huge fan of Mr. Clooney. He always look great in every way possible, most particularly when wearing a tux. He got a confident and magnetic personality that one couldn't just ignore. Anyway, maybe he could also try sporting a dark blue or white tuxedos..haven't seen him wore one.