At last it feels like the storm cloud that's been battering my sweet little family for the past two years is starting to lift. It's not like all our problems are over, but there's light at the end of the tunnel. Can't let the cat out of the bag just yet, so more on that next week.
In the meantime ...
• By the end of the month I'll have an actual pub date for THE OTHER LIFE. I made my pitch for a certain month that I believe would be best for me, but there are too many other factors to predict how that will play out. Like I said, it's been a hell of a couple of years here, so I'm greedy for more good news. Fingers crossed.
• Meanwhile, I'm blowing the cobwebs off my website and doing a bit of spring cleaning, which includes updating my newsletter mailing list. If you haven't signed up, I hope you will now. Click here ... and don't forget to click through when you get the confirmation email.
NOTE: If you signed up to receive this blog by email, it's not the same thing, so please sign up for my newsletter. Thanks!!
• My big news of the week was that my new book deal got listed in Publishers Marketplace. I already blogged about it, but in case you missed it here's how the deal was summarized (with a couple tweaks from yours truly):
Ellen Meister's FAREWELL, DOROTHY PARKER, a humorous and heartfelt novel in which a mousy movie critic accidentally unleashes the ghost of writer Dorothy Parker, whose caustic wit and wisdom helps change her life in all kinds of unexpected ways, to Rachel Kahan at Putnam, by Andrea Cirillo and Annelise Robey at Jane Rotrosen Agency (NA).
The title got an extra shout-out in a PM newsletter, and I guess it intrigued people because my sitemeter showed a lot of hits from people googling it. A good sign, I think!
• Kudos to Samsung for repairing my sweet little netbook and getting it back to me so fast.
• Between working on the new novel, filling out a bear of an author questionnaire for my publisher and a press release I'm working on for a friend, I am buried. So back to work for me ...
Have a great weekend. xo