Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Update 2/25

Busy and emotional week here. My darling daughter has been away (sniff) since Sunday. Another family whisked her away on a Disney cruise and she's having the time of her life. When I say the house is quiet without her, I'm not exaggerating. It's like someone hit the mute button.

In other news ...

• Last Friday night was my book launch event for THE OTHER LIFE and I think it's safe to say it was a smashing success. Over 150 people came and it was standing room only. Huge thanks to Book Revue for hosting it, and to everyone who came and bought books. I promised a portion of my proceeds to NSSA (Nassau Suffolk Services for Autism) and I'll be making a nice fat check out today.

Special shout-out to Michael Sammis for rounding up the troops for the event!

• If you want to see the Q & A portion, check this out. The dorky opening is a little embarrassing, but I have to own it ...



• If you missed this event I would LOVE to see you at my next book talk at the Barnes & Noble in Carle Place. It's this Thursday, 3/3 at 7:30. Here's the ad they ran yesterday in Newsday:




• A bit of non-book fun on Wednesday nightmy cousin Lisa Kudrow appeared at the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria to discuss her brilliant show, THE COMEBACK, and we went to see it. She was smart and funny and so engaging. I adore her. Btw, the entire season is available on DVD.  Hilarious ...

• Yesterday was a big day for me, as I went into the Bryant Park studio of NPR to record an interview about THE OTHER LIFE with Liane Hansen of the Weekend Edition. Her questions were intelligent and probing, and I felt good about my answers. I'm a huge NPR fan, so this qualifies as a dream come true. Hope to get an air date soon.

• Another fun thing yesterday was the happy surprise of discovering that Books-A-Million was promoting THE OTHER LIFE on their Facebook page.

• Woke up this morning to a Google alert about an article in the Syosset Jericho Tribune. Nice!

• Here's a very cool interview from The Book Doctors. I love the questions they asked about switching genres, handling rejection and more.

• Shout-out to Ethan for passing his permit test!!! Woooooooooot!

UPDATED TO ADD:
There are now signed copies of THE OTHER LIFE available in New York City at the Penn Plaza Borders and the Barnes & Noble on Fifth Ave. (bet. 45th & 46th), and on Long Island at Book Revue in Huntington and the Barnes & Noble stores in Carle Place, Manhasset and Huntington Station.

4 comments:

Bonnie R. Paulson said...

Ellen, Great Q&A! You are so poised and exceptionally charming! I wish I could make it to one of your book launchings.

Congrats!

Ellen said...

Thanks so much, Bonnie!

RobinSlick said...

You are the ruler of all women!

Denise K. Rago said...

I hope to make it to one of your book signings. Perhaps you will make it to New Jersey, maybe Book Ends in Ridgewood, NJ.