It's pre-pub crunch time, as I'm frantically scheduling interviews, writing guest blogs and answering questions. I'm not complaining, of course, but if I'm slow to return a phone call or an email, you'll know why.
Here's what happening ...
• Dream come true for an NPR junkie: Yesterday I got the exciting news that I'm going to be interviewed by Liane Hansen for the Weekend Edition ... heard on almost 600 radio stations across the U.S. and around the globe. I'm thrilled! More news when I get the schedule.
• Also excited about local coverage, as my hometown newspaper reached out for an interview.
• The American Booksellers Association posted the new Great Reads Indie Next list, their recommendations for independent bookstores. I'm honored that THE OTHER LIFE is on the list. (Thanks to Lisa McMann for the heads up!)
• The Unbridled Editor posted a new book review that says "The Other Life sweeps you away." Read the rest here.
• Big thanks to Jill Thomas for the fun and fabulous interview! Click here to read about my favorite curse word and more.
Watch it on his YouTube channel and leave a comment) Happy birthday, darling Max!
• What I'm reading: HOMER AND LANGLEY by the extraordinary E.L. Doctorow.
• Delighted to send a free signed bookplate to anyone in the U.S. who pre-ordered THE OTHER LIFE. Just shoot me an email and tell me:
1. Who to make it out to
2. Where to send it
• Watch Who Do You Think You Are? tonight on NBC ... featuring Vanessa Williams, produced by my cousin Lisa Kudrow.
• I've decided I believe in hell after all, only it's not a fiery inferno, but a cruel, relentless, neverending loop of snowstorm after snowstorm after snowstorm, punctuated only by tire-eating potholes. Get ... me ... out ... of ... here ...
Enjoy your weekend.