Monday, August 07, 2006

Erotica readers ... romance writers ... movie fans

My friend Robin Slick is one of the funniest, most natural writers I know. And she writes the steamiest damned erotica! Right now, her publisher is offering an erotic short story from Robin for a mere two bucks. The title is "Buenos Noches, Justine," and if you click here, you can order it, and even read an excerpt.

Robin's also written two books for this publisher, the hilarious and sexy Three Days in New York City and the sequel, Another Bite of the Apple. To order, click here. (Don't be shy--no one's looking. Trust me, you won't be sorry. I'm still trying to clear my schedule to read Another Bite, but I read Three Days, and in addition to being sexy it was a scream. It's hard to make me laugh out loud when I read, but Robin makes me guffaw. Honestly, I guffaw. It's not very attractive--especially if I'm drinking coffee--but there you have it.)

In other news, HarperCollins is about to launch this very cool interactive program for romance aficionados called Avon FanLit. The idea is that a book gets written chapter-by-chapter by the people participating in the program. You get to write and submit your own entries, and then vote on others. Winning chapters become part of an e-book that Avon will publish. Us writers tend to be kind of reclusive, but here's a chance to be communal without actually leaving our computers. What could be better than that?

For movie fans, here's a joke my 8-year-old daughter just told me:
How many movie directors does it take to chance a lightbulb?
Only one, but he changes it 19 times.

No comments: