Friday, August 04, 2006

The Morning After

So ... last night was my book launch party and wow. It was everything I could have dreamed! I got there early with my husband and sister to set up, and what a thrill to see rows and rows of chairs and a rack with 100 copies of my book!



For the first hour, there was a meet and greet, where we had some wine and cheese and got to chat. I think close to a hundred people came. I did a little talk/reading, and then signed books. My burned finger was adequately bandaged and didn't even hurt.



Of course, I didn't keep track of how many I had signed, but figured we sold about 50. I was wrong.



So I think the good folks at Book Revue were pleased. My publisher, too. Me, I'll bask in the afterglow while I do laundry, tidy up the house and make the kids breakfast. And I'll try not stick any body parts into flesh-searing household appliances.

Meanwhile, a huge cyber hug to all the wonderful family and friends who came last night. Your love and support overwhelm me ...

8 comments:

Justin said...

i wish i could have been there El. it looks like a wonderful time and experience!

looks like maine was represented though. i see a bottle of poland springs there on the table. damn that poland springs always showing up where i want to be!!

congrats again, and i'm really really excited for you.

JC

Susan Henderson said...

You sold all but two?! And in an independent bookstore! You know what this means, don't you?

Stan said...

Excellent before and after pics on the bookrack! Congrats!

RobinSlick said...

I am so glad you posted this!

You are my hero.

xo

Ellen said...

Justin ... I'm never too far from a bottle of Poland Spring! Thanks for the good wishes from the north!

Sue ... what does it mean??

Stan ... thanks! I'll pass that on to my photographer/roommate. ;)

Rob ... thanks, friend. I'm still in a zone!

K Cutter said...

Congratulations, Ellen! This is really exciting. I can't wait for my copy!

Richard said...

Wow, and double wow!! What fun!

katrina said...

This is incredible, Ellen!!! Your book is soaring!!!