Wednesday, September 20, 2006

How much would YOU pay for this writer?

Ellen Meister
They say everyone has their price. I thought mine was three for a dollar. I'm happy to announce I was wrong.

The other day I was auctioned off at a fundraiser for Caumsett State Park. I understand that after spirited bidding, a Dinner with Author Ellen Meister went for $1750.

How do you like that? George Clooney might not think I'm worth a phone call, but someone's willing to shell out the price of a stout, hard running horse for a meal with this filly. And I don't even have to take anyone for a ride.

7 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

Cool! Dinner with you is worth every penny and then some!

Stan said...

Excellent!

As to the price of a stout hard running horse... you have to consider that you can talk like Mr. Ed (http://horsefame.tripod.com/1audio/edmusic.ra)and write and have much better teeth.

And don't mind George he is just a little leary of sitting down at the table with anyone these days. http://hollywood.outsidethebeltway.com/2006/08/george-clooney-gets-food-poisoning/

Patry Francis said...

So who won? Does he look like George? I'm beginning to get an idea for a novel...

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, how flattering!! George Clooney better get in before your price starts to skyrocket!

SusanD said...

The winner got off cheap. You're worth a million bucks, Sunshine.

Ellen said...

You guys are too good to me! Patry, the winner was some woman who seems eager to read the book. I don't know anything about her--not even her name. I'll find out soon enough. I'm having dinner with her and her friends in early November.
xo

Stephanie said...

I'd love to hear about this dinner in November. This is too cool.