A rainy Friday, which I guess our poor lawns need here on Long Island. After that scorching heat wave last week the place looks like it's been set on fire. Here's the latest ...
• Finished my revisions on FAREWELL, DOROTHY PARKER and sent it off to my editor. That feels SO good. I'm excited to share this book with readers!
• Now I'm ready to get back to work on my next book, which I've been keeping very hush-hush about. Even my agent doesn't know what I'm working on. Guess I should tell her, right? Lol.
• What a great night! Got together with the Long Island Book Sisters at Saralee Rosenberg's house. Others in attendance: Susannah Greenberg, Susan Henderson, Carol Hoenig, Debbi Honorof, Debbie Markowitz, Alix Strauss and Vivian Swift. Sending love to Brenda Janowitz, who was very missed!!
• The Open House for Writers on Monday night at Hofstra was a smashing success. It was a chance for students to meet the writing instructors and register for fall classes. These are Continuing Ed classes, and great for anyone who writes. The class I'll be teaching is called HOW TO TURN YOUR BIG IDEA INTO A FINISHED NOVEL, and it will be offered on Sunday mornings in the fall. For more info on that and other classes, click here.
• Another power outage yesterday. If you really want to see a middle-aged Jewish woman lose her sh*t, turn off her lights, computer and air conditioning in the middle of the day when her car is in the shop.
I wish there was some way I could get a divorce from LIPA, but where would I go? Who would take me in? I'm dependent upon the abusive bastard and he well knows it.
Ah, well. Have a good weekend. Stay cool and dry ...