Wednesday, December 21, 2005

2005 was the year that I ...

In the face of the horrific global disasters this year brought, I feel a little guilty listing my personal triumphs. But it was a good year for me indeed, and I'm thankful for that. And anyway, without guilt I am nothing.

So here's the way I finish the sentence, "2005 was the year that I ..."

* Saw my oldest son--the boy I once feared would never speak--become a Bar Mitzvah and read from the torah to a weeping congregation of friends and relatives

* Had a party celebrating the sale of my first novel

* Sold my second novel

* Got a new laptop

* Bought a new minivan

* Celebrated my grandmother's 95th birthday with her

* Started a blog

* Lost my best friend to mental illness; got her back again


Thanks for checking in. Wishing you joy and peace and beautiful things for the New Year!

4 comments:

Katie said...

It was a good year for you! Congratulations!

Ellen said...

Thanks, Katie! Wishing you a year filled with good fortune and wonder.

SusanD said...

Ellen,
I can't think of anyone with a more uncommon blend of talent and kindness who deserves happiness and success more! Congrats to you, and I only hope that next year brings you *nothing* that's not good on this list.

Ellen said...

Susan, I could say the exact same things about you. Thanks for the good wishes, and I hope 2006 is a dream come true for you!
xo