Friday, July 28, 2006

We have a winnah!



Mr. Stan Crocker was the first to spot "Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA" in an actual bookstore. The good folks at the Books-A-Million in Raleigh, NC were understandably shy about having a picture snapped in their store, so Mr. Crocker got creative and went to the outskirts of the parking lot and set up the lovely shot you see above.

It's interesting to note that Books-A-Million has their copies and I don't have mine. I'm not complaining, just anxious. But if another week goes by, that could change.

Anyway, Stan will be receiving a copy of the audio version of "Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA," read by Lisa Kudrow. It may take a few weeks, Stan, as I ... uh... don't have my copies of that either.

Again, I'm not complaining. It's more important that the bookstores get the product, right?

In other news, this post comes to you from Atlanta, GA, where I'm attending the Romance Writers of America convention. I got in yesterday and, despite the fact that I'd been up since 3:30 a.m., managed to stay awake through one meeting and one party. It's been a blast, and I have to say I'm impressed with everyone I've met here.

My only complaint is that the hotel I'm staying in doesn't have coffee service in the room. What's up with that? A girl can't get a fresh cup of joe here before 6 a.m., and even then you have to go to the lobby for it. And you know what that means--putting on make-up before you've had your coffee. I'm sorry, but that's just uncivilized.

Anyway, thanks and congrats to Stan. More soon.

5 comments:

Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

What a great picture he took; though, it's not all due to him--your cover happens to be incredibly photogenic.

And it sounds like you are having a blast!!

Wish I could come
J

Anonymous said...

ELLEN!!! Hello, darling friend. How cool that your book is in bookstores. This gave me goosebumps.

How is Hotlanta? I miss you!

xoxo
myf

J.A. McDougall said...

No luck in Tuscon Barnes & Noble this weekend! Congrats Stan!

Stephanie said...

That photo with the mulch in the foreground is hilarious. :) I'll check today at the third street promenade in santa monica.

Maryanne Stahl said...

Exciting times! Break a leg on Tuesday!
xxx