Friday, November 03, 2006

The Last Supper?



A few weeks ago at a charity auction to benefit Caumsett State Park, a woman bid $1750 for her and her friends to have dinner with me. Tonight is the night. I wouldn't be tense about it except that I just found out that it's six couples and me, which makes it a rather, er, reverent number of diners. (Do the math.) I just can't help wondering what they have in mind for me after the meal ...

Seriously, I don't expect to be crucified, and am, in fact, looking to meeting these folks and enjoying an amazing meal. If all goes well, I'll be back tomorrow to pimp the restaurant and fill in the details.

Not much else to report this week. I've been hard at work revising The Smart One and doing my normal running in place to keep up with the kids (especially hard when they're buzzed on Halloween candy). A bright spot is that the lovely Kathryn Koromilas, who's doing a very cool 5-minute-interview feature on her blog, was kind enough to include me. You can read it here.

FYI, I added some links to my blog this week, so check out what's new. And if you feel like you or someone you know is missing from the lists, drop me a line. Thanks!

2 comments:

Myfanwy Collins said...

Can't wait to hear about your evening. Hope it was a good one!

katrina said...

How did it go?