Friday, May 04, 2007

DAMSEL UNDER STRESS

By Shanna Swendson


Happy day! I get to do another GCC does Hollywood blog entry ... and it's for a book that seems so filmic I'd be surprised is some actual producer didn't snatch it up.

Here's how the talented Shanna Swendson could imagine pitching the book to Hollywood:

A scatterbrained fairy godmother makes it tough for the girl-next-door and a hot, brainy wizard to start a relationship and stop a rogue from selling black magic on Fifth Avenue.

I may be a sucker for fairy godmother stories set in Manhattan, but that sounds like a blast! Here's how Shanna would cast it:


I think Jenna Fischer (Pam on The Office) would be great in the lead role as Katie, my heroine (but looking more like she does in real life than like she does on The Office).



Sean Maher from Firefly and the movie Serenity (he played Simon, the doctor) would be perfect as Owen, our lead wizard.



Shirley MacLaine would probably be good as the fairy godmother. She's not quite what I pictured when writing the book, but I couldn't think of an actress who fit what I pictured, and I think Shirley MacLaine does those funny ditzes who aren't necessarily as ditzy as they look very well.

Great casting, I think! But you should read the book for yourself and see if you agree. DAMSEL UNDER STRESS is at bookstores everywhere. It's also available from online booksellers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble and BookSense. For more information, visit Shanna's website at shannaswendson.com.

No comments: