Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday Update 2/26

At last I have good news to report! My brilliant (!), visionary (!!), market-savvy (!!!) Putnam editor made an offer on my new proposal. (I would add that she's also cute, but I don't want to lay it on too thick.)

Anyway, I'm thrilled that I still have a career and am so damned excited about this book. The working title is FAREWELL, DOROTHY PARKER, and it will be published in hardcover by Putnam in 2012, with a Berkley paperback to follow.

More details, soon.

That's about all I want to say about my week, except for one more thing, which I offer with a big kineinahorah poo-poo ... it looks very much like I may have good news to report next week for my husband's career as well.

Enjoy your weekend.

10 comments:

Daniel James Palmer said...

Nothing tests faith greater than patience. Congrats on the wonderful happenings. And keep the faith :)

Ellen said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Daniel! Alas, I think I fail the faith test daily, but I'm trying.

Btw, congrats on those astounding blurbs for DELIRIOUS!! Can't wait to read it ...

RobinSlick said...

Hurrah! And kineinahorah poo-poo to Mike, too!

(I always did want to know how to spell that)

I'm thrilled for you. No one deserves this more.

xo

Donna said...

Yay!! So proud of everyone living under your roof! Talent and tenacity is spilling out the windows.

SusanD said...

Congrats Ellen! (smart editor you've got there) I'm so happy for you, and excited to read the book just by the title! And YAY also for your husband! What a great week.

Roch D,Preite BCH said...

Ellen,
Was there ever any doubt? The cream always rises to the top. You are an inspiration to me and the defintion of perserverence.

love ya
Roch

RJ Jeffreys said...

Ellen,
Such wonderful and well-deserved news for you! I wish you all the success you worked so hard to earn in writing, FAREWELL, DOROTHY PARKER! Congratulations!!

R. Jeffreys

Kathleen A. Ryan said...

Congratulations on such wonderful news! Best wishes with FAREWELL, DOROTHY PARKER.

Marta Stephens said...

Ellen! Am I too late to say CONGRATS?!!

Wonderful news.
Marta

Ellen said...

You guys are wonderful. Thank you!!