Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Announcement

My new book deal was just announced in Publishers Marketplace. Here's what it says:

March 8, 2010
Fiction:
General/Other
Ellen Meister's FAREWELL, DOROTHY PARKER, a humorous and heartfelt novel in which a mousy theater critic accidentally unleashes the ghost of writer Dorothy Parker, whose caustic wit and wisdom helps change her life in all kinds of unexpected ways, to Rachel Kahan at Putnam, by Andrea Cirillo at Jane Rotrosen Agency (NA).

Very happy to see this and I love the logline, which is much better than the one I was tinkering with. Only I do want to correct one thing--I have two agents, so it should really give deal credit to Annelise Robey as well as Andrea Cirillo.

Okay, back to work!

4 comments:

literarymiss said...

Huzzah! I'm so excited for you! Hopefully I'll be able to post something like this one day!

Elizabeth

KrisT said...

Congratulations, Ellen! Not surprised by the news at all. You're an established author now with many more successes to come. Do your latest book deals feel as exciting as the first one did?

Popped in a couple of months ago to read my kids "The Raving," which I remember from years ago.

All the best!
-Kristie

Ellen said...

Thanks so much for the kind words! And Kristie, I thought I would be jaded by now but no, each sale is as thrilling as the first. I doubt I'll ever take a book contract for granted!
xo

Bill Fogle said...

How fantastic! This makes me happy.