Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Update 5/14

Here's the latest ...

• Had a lovely Mother's Day with lots of love and spontaneous hugs from the three greatest kids on earth.

• Got my copyedits on THE OTHER LIFE, which is a pretty exciting step. Going through it paragraph by paragraph now.


• Reading a magnificent book right now, THE QUEEN OF PALMYRA by Minrose Gwin. I'm only about halfway through, but it's an exquisite and beautifully told story about the horrors of racism in the South in the early 1960s. Because it's told from the POV of a young girl, it's being compared to TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. That's quite apt, despite that the girl's father is about as different from Atticus as a character could possibly be. Anyway, when I like a book I want to see it succeed, so it's disappointing this rich and chilling novel doesn't have a more compelling cover. Still, look past it and pick this one up. You'll thank me. (FYI, a great book club read!)


• Speaking of books, this week I was thrilled to receive an autographed copy of NOSE DOWN, EYES UP by the hilarious Merrill Markoe. More on that soon.

• Trying a new experiment over at Publishers Marketplace to see if anyone shopping for movie rights is reading that site. Here's my new page, which could use some clicks. Thanks!

• Today I'm proud to be the featured author at Sia McKye's blog, OVER COFFEE. I'd love it if you'd stop in and leave a comment.

Have a wonderful weekend! xo

No comments: