Friday, June 04, 2010

Friday Update 6/4

Quick quick--so much do to ...

• Big news is that I got a pub date for THE OTHER LIFE. Mark your calendar--it's scheduled for release on January 20.

• Been pretty sick this week, which is a drag since June is pure chaos. A million things to do every second of the day, which isn't easy when you feel like your chest is an aircraft carrier and your sinuses are the Long Island Expressway on a Friday in August.

• Sending love to Alan and Susan and all the other wonderful friends I missed seeing on Sunday. Next year!

• Last week I mentioned that I was lucky enough to get my hands on an advance copy of Susan Henderson's UP FROM THE BLUE. I wasn't going to read it just yet because I'm so damned busy, but I couldn't stay away. And oh my god. My friends, this book brought me to my knees. PLEASE  be sure you put this on your shopping list for September. In fact, don't wait. Pre-order it right now. You are going to LOVE this book. It's being compared to TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD and it really is that good. Here are links to make it easy: amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, borders.com, powells.com, indiebound.

• Love this tribute to Dennis Hopper by EW's Owen Gleiberman.

• In addition to all the hectic end-of-school-year stuff, I've been working on an anthology submission and a book review for Long Island Woman, not to mention a novel. Also trying to fit in a big event for CafeMom, but I'm hitting scheduling roadblocks. Ugh. I need an assistant.

• A whole week with no gym and no running makes me feel like I'm turning into a lump of blubber. I hate this.

• Will I really make it through June?

Have a great weekend ...

No comments: