Friday, November 05, 2010

Friday Update 11/5

Some news and highlights ...

• The big news is that the pub date for THE OTHER LIFE was pushed to February 17. It was done for all the right reasons, though of course I'm kind of disappointed that it's delayed yet again. But that's my impatience. It's really a better slot for the book.

• Naturally, that means the launch party/book talk had to be moved. Big thanks to Julianne at Book Revue for being so understanding and letting me switch the date to February 18. Hope you can join me! Click here to see the online invite.

• Today I'm going to place an order for promotional t-shirts for the book, designed and paid for by yours truly. The picture shows the unisex version, but I'll be making women's shirts as well. (click image for larger view).

FYI, I recommend the company, ooShirts, to anyone who needs Custom Shirts.

• If you read my blog yesterday, you know that the MILK & INK anthology is now available for purchase, and makes a great gift for moms or any reader on your holiday list. You can get it from amazon.com or Outskirts Press.

• According to my editor, the bound galleys of THE OTHER LIFE have arrived. Haven't seen my copies yet but I'm stoked.

• Also excited to learn that the book will be entered in the Amazon Vine program.

• Huge thanks and shout-out to all the friends who tweeted and blogged about THE OTHER LIFE this week, including Anita Beall, Eros-Alegra Clarke, Myfanwy Collins, Susan DiPlacido, DragonRiderMD, Cliff Garstang, Liz Michalski and Jill Thomas. (If I missed anyone, please let me know!)

• And one final shout-out to Rik Kellerman of Ten Tigers Kung Fu Academy for helping me fill in the gaps in my work-in-progress, FAREWELL, DOROTHY PARKER.

No comments: