Friday, August 11, 2006

Catching up

The beginning of the month was so hectic for me with the release of Applewood, that I never posted the horoscope link. I'll link it now with this caveat: for me, an annoying talking pop-up appeared, despite the fact that my pop-up blocker is on. So either turn down your volume or click at your own risk:

Astrology Zone

In other news, my friend Robin Slick will be doing a reading from her new book, Another Bite of the Apple at the Happy Ending Lounge tonight. Should be a lot of fun ... and an interesting crowd. Details here.

Today I should be finding out what time I'll be on PLUM TV/Channel 18 in the Hamptons tomorrow. I'll be sure to post as soon as I know.

The other day I was thrilled to send signed copies of Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA to the two crit pals I exchanged chapters with when I was struggling through my first draft. One was Rhonda Gill, my very first writer friend. Every time I think of Rhonda, I'm amazed at the power of the internet. How else could a Jewish housewife from suburban Long Island and a truckdriver from rural Georgia meet and become close friends? The other crit pal was Marcus Grimm, an award-winning writer who blogged about receiving his book.

As I mentioned in a previous entry, I also sent a personally inscribed copy of the book to George Clooney. So far, he has not blogged about it. I'm sure I'll hear from him as soon as he wraps up Oceans Thirteen, right?

1 comment:

Myfanwy Collins said...

Go Robin! Awww, Marcus! And, yes, you will most definitely hear from George Clooney. How could he resist?