Friday, August 25, 2006

Didn't get your book from Amazon?

Several people told me they pre-ordered Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA from Amazon during the winter, but never got their book and couldn't even find a record of their order on the site. This mystified me, since most people got their books within a few days of pub date.

But at last I think I've solved the mystery. Apparently, people who pre-ordered during the winter got a follow-up email from Amazon a few months later, explaining that the book wouldn't be available for several more months, and unless they responded to the email, Amazon would delete the order from their account.

So there you go. It was no conspiracy against you or me--just a customer service policy at Amazon and an email you most likely missed. Sorry for the confusion. If you still want the book, you can order it again and I'm pretty sure Amazon will send it to you quickly. Also, know if that you want a free signed bookplate, I'd be happy to send you one. Just drop me a line at ellen (at) ellenmeister (dot) com, telling me who to make it out to and where to send it.

No comments: