Monday, February 11, 2008

SLEEPING WITH WARD CLEAVER

By Jenny Gardiner

Today I'm happy to blog about a fun new book by GCC author Jenny Gardiner. It's called SLEEPING WITH WARD CLEAVER, and it's getting tons of attention. Author Meg Cabot called it "A cross between Erma Bombeck and Candace Bushnell." And MamaLit called it "The 'Bridget Jones Diary' for all married and harried mommies!"



Jenny was a great sport and agreed to play along with the GCC Does Hollywood game, and here's how she'd pitch the book to our fictional producer:

Every married in America will relate to disgruntled housewife Claire Doolittle. Find me 20 women whose husbands don't have a hint of Ward Cleaver to them. Women will leave this movie laughing, crying, telling their girlfriends about it. And their marriages somewhat rejuvenated.

And here's how Jenny would consider casting it ...


I need a real actress to play Claire--can't be one of those impossibly thin, plasticized starlet types. Bonnie Hunt would be good but she might be a little too old. I think Kate Winslet would be good, maybe Laura Linney if she could make it funny enough.


For Jack, perhaps Matt Damon? He's still got something sexy about him but he's definitely got a bit of Ward-ishness to him as well. LOL.



I hope you'll look for SLEEPING WITH WARD CLEAVER the next time you visit your favorite chain or independent bookstore. To buy online, visit Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Powells or any cyber bookseller. For more information, visit Jenny's website at jennygardiner.net.

1 comment:

Jenny Gardiner said...

Hi Ellen! Thanks so much for having me visit! I LOVE your self-description...I did all of those things from the front seat of my mini van just this morning!