Friday, November 14, 2008

FriDaY uPdaTe


* Last night Saralee Rosenberg and I did a book talk at the Barnes & Noble and in East Northport. Rain dampened the turnout, but the folks who came were smart and fun, and it was a success all around. A big shout-out to Linda Epstein and Jen at Barnes & Noble for all the help. News12 Long Island showed up as promised, and I should be able to post a link to the story by this afternoon. Note, though, that if I look like Quasimodo and sound like a brain injury victim, all bets are off.

Also, a big warm hug to Taryn Rosenberg for taking the pics. Scroll down for more.

Also also ... we left plenty of signed copies of DEAR NEIGHBOR, DROP DEAD and THE SMART ONE at the store. So if you're on Long Island, I hope you'll remember that when you're doing your holiday shopping.

* My exciting news this week is that I got a brand new desktop computer. It's big and fast and beautiful, and I can't help but wonder why I've been working on a scrunchy little laptop all these years. It's an HP and I got a good deal on it from Circuit City. As you may know, that company is bleeding pretty badly these days, so please consider checking them out if you have electronics on your holiday list this year.

* Up to page 190 on the new book, which means I only advanced 4 pages this week. But I spent most of the week editing the existing chapters, so I wasn't expecting much progress. Anyway, I sent the pages to my editor and hope to hear back soon.

* Celebrated my wedding anniversary this week, and will celebrate my birthday next week. November is a big month around here!

And now some pictures from last night ...


Saralee and I pose with Barnes & Noble Community Relations Manager, Linda Epstein.

Taking a minute to pose before we begin.

The talk starts ...


... and continues.


Signing books at the end.

No comments: