Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday Update

* It's officially Black Friday. Please buy books this year! There's no gift that gives more bang for the buck. And you'll be doing your part to save civilization. If you need some recommendations, drop me a line and tell me who you're shopping for. I'll do my best ...

* Thanksgiving was fairly perfect yesterday, thanks to my brother and sister-in-law. I got to spend some wonderful and relaxing time with family, some of whom I hadn't seen in years. The best! Also, I pretty much threw my diet out the window and ate a little bit of everything ... without overstuffing. Hope yours was terrific, too!

* Reached my goal of writing ten pages this week, despite having house guests and the kids at home. Up to page 215.

* I'm finally starting to get the hang of Facebook. If you're there, make me your friend!

* Something I've been wondering about this week ... what's the purpose of those Secret Service code names for the President et al. if they make them public?

* My friend Susan DiPlacido recently posted a blog about the kind of silly humor that tickles her, which made me think of one of my favorite snl skits, the men's synchronized swim film with Martin Short, Harry Shearer and Christopher Guest. Hilarious!

No comments: